CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Max


So, my dog feels the need to eat everything!! He really is a good dog, he just likes to eat anything and everything. Friday, as I was trying to get ready for family and Tyler's baptism, I wake up to a huge mess in the garage. The dog was in his crate and he had had quite the accident. Anyways to keep from throwing up I let him out and raced out of the garage to get some fresh air. (kinda of funny that the fresh air was cow poop!) Anyways, I took him for a walk and noticed that he was pooping out blood. He wouldn't stop and so I decided to go into mom mode and check out the mess in the crate. His poop consisted of a large piece of his flannel blanket, lots of bark from our bag yard, and some red christmas ornament shards. (he ate a red christmas ornament at my mom's house on New Years when I was there.) I of course was freaking out when the Vet gave me a $2,700.00 estimate for what needed to happen to him. Turns out that he must of had a blockage, but got everything out. He didn't have any internal bleeding and is acting just fine after some medicine and i.v. fluids. I think I need to invest in some pet insurance, seeing how almost our whole backyard is bark and he does love to chew it. I'm so happy that he is all right. I cried most of Friday thinking that I might have to put him down at 11 months old. He is a wonderful addition to our family and we all love him.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Oh that is so sad (and gross!). Now I'm a little worried about getting our puppy- when we got Sammy our backyard was just grass and dirt- nothing to chew. We'll have to watch her closely.

Fiagle Family said...

I'm glad he is ok.. at least you didnt have to pay the arm and a leg to find out that he would be ok the next day. You can always send him over to eat the stuff in my yard...you know all that ....dirt!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be watching my parents dog when they go to France next week! I was doing okay until I read this entry! I'm a bit nervous now! Anyway, I'm glad your pup is doing better!~ I'll operate on him for $2,700.00 (just kidding ~ I can't even stand the sight of blood, I would pass out)

Nicole said...

That is a very sad and gross story! Ick! Glad that he is okay, that is scary.

Barb Yentes said...

funny. but not. you weren't kidding when you told me that you couldn't leave your puppy out of your sight! my dog eats everything too but nothing ever happens to her. she must have an iron stomach.