CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our own little weed garden.....




It has been brought to my attention by Molly that we have a little weed "garden" in our backyard. For some reason I have always picked the weeds in our backyard until this year. I figured it was part of the "yard work" that Mark says is his responsibility. Well because I haven't done it the weeds continue to grow. So at church on Sunday the teacher was talking about God's creations, and the fruits and veggies that can be grown in our gardens. Molly told the teacher that we have a garden. A weed garden. Nice..... 

I guess I didn't realize how bad the weeds had gotten until I went out and inspected my back yard. Needless to say, I went right out to Target and bought some gardening tools and gloves for me and the kids. It took Molly, Tyler and I  about 3 hours of hard work in very hot weather to pull the weeds. It was a fun project working with the kids outdoors on it. Tyler said, "mom, your a great mom, you always know how to make chores fun!!"
I'm so glad that big project is done. However, it's sad that we no longer have a garden.

2 comments:

{priscilla} said...

That's funny! Have you seen our little forest in the backyard! I won't try to touch that...that's all Unga!

Marc and Stacy said...

Haha..weed garden. I love that Molly told her teacher that. That's hilarious. Your 4th of July pics are great. Molly is so dang tan. She must be her mama's baby!
Wish we could to D-land too...have a fun time with Mom and Dad.