CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Love Tag





Where did you meet your husband?
This is kind of a long story. We actually grew up in the same ward. But I didn't know him, and he didn't know I even was alive. He was my sisters age and he had a younger brother my age. Anyways, my senior year at Christmas I was at this boys house I liked. We were getting ready to go to a Kings game. Mark just got off his mission and was coming back to Elk Grove to visit. So, it just so happened that Mark had grown up a few houses down from this boy I liked. Guess who showed up to visit? That's right, Mark. Anyways I thought he was cute and told this boy I liked that he needed to hook me up with Mark. (The boy I liked would be leaving on a mission for 2 years) Anyways the boy I liked and Mark went back to Ricks for the winter semester and left me to finish my Senior year. Well, in May, Mark decided to come back to Elk Grove to sell Pest Control instead of going to stay with his family in Champaign, IL. I didn't know this at the time but Mark had talked to the boy back at Ricks about me, and told him he was going to date me. He found out from his brothers girl friend that I was in his brothers ward and came looking for me that first Sunday back. I wasn't at that ward, I was actually at the Singles ward and so Mark came to the singles ward. He got there right after Sacrament meeting and we ended up sitting next to each other in Sunday School. The rest was history.
What was the first thing he said to you?
Ummmmm..... I can't remember
When was your first date?
The day we met Mark invited me to the CES fireside at the church. The next week he and some of his friends came swimming at my parents house. The next week he invited me to Chevy's with a bunch of the pest control boys. From that first Sunday on though. I don't remember a day when we didn't talk on the phone or see each other. I think I went a picked him up twice in that first week because he locked his keys in the car.
When was your first kiss?
I think it was probably a couple weeks after we met. I do remember that it was on my parents couch in the family room.
Engagement?
We started dating in May, got engaged Aug. 15th, and got married on Dec. 19th of 1998.(The same year I graduated High School, it was a busy year!)
When did he purpose?
Aug. 15th. We went flying with his brother who needed the hours. We flew over a house in Elk Grove that said. "Marry Me" in white lights. I thought it was for Mark's brothers Girlfriend, but it wasn't, it was for me!!!!
When did you get married?
Dec. 19th of 1998
Where did you honeymoon?
Lake Tahoe. We went snow boarding and I broke my leg falling off the ski lift!! It was great!!

7 comments:

Barb Yentes said...

I didn't realize that you were a teenage bride. I love your hair short so cute. where did you guys get married? or did i miss that?

Nicole said...

You guys look so young! You still look young, of course, but wow! I can't believe you don't remember when your first kiss was, and Mark's way of proposing is super sweet. Those pictures are so cute, thanks for sharing!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I hadn't heard your proposal story before. I'm impressed, Mark!

That last photo is my favorite. You look like babies, though. So young!

Newman Family said...

We got married at the Oakland Temple.

Fiagle Family said...

By the way...great date to get married!! hahah. its so fun to see old pics of everyone!!

{priscilla} said...

Cute love story! I love the old pics of you two!

Anne said...

That was so fun to read. I love the pics. And I thought WE were young when we got married. So cute. :)